Head of The Ophthalmology Department at Vithas Xanit International Hospital
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Faculty of Medicine at Malaga University (1981).
- Doctor of Medicine from Malaga University (1984).
- Consultant of Family and Community Medicine, at the Carlos Haya Hospital, Malaga (1987- 1989).
- Consultant of Ophthalmology at the Virgen de la Victoria University Teaching Hospital, Malaga (1992- 1995).
Areas of expertise:
- Disorders of the retina, medical and surgical.
- Retinal surgery using extra-scleral procedures.
- Vitrectomy for the resolution of retinal detachment, treatment of diabetic retinopathy, epiretinal membranes, macular holes, etc.
- Consultant of Ophthalmology at Virgen de la Victoria University Teaching Hospital (since 1995).
- Hospital Consultant for Emergencies and Critical-Intensive Care in the Department of Ophthalmology (1992-1995).
- Hospital Consultant in the Intensive Care Unit (1990-1992).
- Since 1992, member of the Ophthalmology Services, at the Medical-Surgical Retina and Ocular Diabetes Unit.
- Cilveti A, Lapeira M, Garcia Campos JM. Systemic with Fibrinolysis in acute occlusion of the central artery of the retina. Archives of the Spanish Society of Ophthalmology, 2000; Vol 75, 287-290.
- Escolar JL, Cilveti A, Pinzón JL, Ramirez G, Ruiz-Escalante J. Endothelial dysfunction in diabetic antipathy. Vascular endothelial growth factor. Endocrinology and nutrition, 2001; Vol 48, 7.198 -201
- Escolar JL, Cilveti A, Pinzón JL. Physical Activity and diabetic retinopathy. Endocrinology and nutrition, 2005; Vol 52, 3.99 -104.
- Andrade RJ, González FJ, Vázquez L, Cilvetti A, Camargo R, Garcia-Cortes M, et al. Vascular ophthalmological side effects associated with antiviral therapy for chronic hepatitis C are related to vascular endothelial growth factor levels. Antiviral Therapy, 2006; 11: 491 -498
- Aranda P, Cilveti A, Fernández García JC, Lapeira M, Martinez MD, Frutos M. Long term outcomes of a therapeutic regime based on ultra-high deuces of Candesartan on Diabetic Retinopathy. Journal of clinical hypertension 2010; vol. 12, Suppl I, A94.
Other Achievements – University teaching experience:
- Lecturer in practical training at the Department of Human Anatomy at the Faculty of Medicine, Malaga University (1981-1983).
- Theoretical and practical teaching of Ophthalmology at the Faculty of Medicine, Malaga University (since 1991).
- Lecturer in practical training at the Department of Human Anatomy at the Faculty of Medicine, Malaga University (1983-1985).
- Collaborating Lecturer at the Department of Anatomy in the Faculty of Medicine, Malaga University (1986-1987).
- Lecturer in the subjects of Anatomy I and II at the Faculty of Medicine, Malaga University (1981-1987).