Head of the Dermatology and Venereology Service at Vithas Xanit Internacional
Expert in Cutaneous Oncology (Melanoma, non-melanoma skin cancer …), Mohs Surgery, Psoriasis, Alopecia and Cosmetic Dermatology. More than 3,000 operations carried out.
Collegiate Number: 290837985
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Malaga. (1995 – 1999).
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, Sacro Cuore University, Rome, Italy (2000 – 2001).
- Residence in the Dermatology Service of the Sagrat Cor University Hospital, Barcelona.
Area of expertise
- Dermatology and Venereology
- Dermatology and Dermoesthetics
- Internal Medicine (2003), Sagrat Cor University Hospital.
- Fellowship Program in Mohs Surgery at Mount Sinai, New York.
- Academic Program in Cosmetics and Dermatological Surgery, Mount Sinai.
- Adjunct Doctor of the Dermatology service of the Sagrat Cor University Hospital, Barcelona.
- Medical specialist in the area of Dermatology, Virgen de la Victoria University Hospital, Malaga.
- Head of the Melanoma Unit, Virgen de la Victoria University Hospital, Malaga.
- Creation and development of a Mohs surgery unit, Virgen de la Victoria University Hospital, Malaga.
- Head of the Mohs Surgery Unit, Virgen de la Victoria University Hospital, Malaga.
Publications and Congresses:
- Herrera-Acosta E, Vidal I, Galvany L, Umbert P. Diagnosis: normocomplementemic vasculitic urticaria. Med Clin (Barc). 2007 May 26;128(20):800. Spanish. PubMed PMID: 17568513.
- Herrera-Acosta E, Martín-Ezquerra G, Iglesias M, Umbert P. Acneiform eruption secondary to cetuximab. Actas Dermosifiliogr. 2005 May;96(4):252-4. Spanish. PubMed PMID: 16476378.
- Almagro BM, Steyls MC, Navarro NL, Domínguez EG, Herrera-Acosta E, Pérez MA, et al. Occurrence of subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus after treatment with systemic fluorouracil. J Clin Oncol. 2011 Jul 10;29(20):e613-5. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2011.35.0686. Epub 2011 May 2. PubMed PMID: 21537030.
- Director of the Dermatology Clinical Management Unit, Virgen de la Victoria University Hospital, Malaga.
- Associate Professor of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaga.
- Tutor of residents specialty of Dermatology, Virgen de la Victoria University Hospital, Malaga.
- Multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to compare the efficacy and safety of LY2439821 versus etanercept and placebo in patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis”
- Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind 52-Week Follow-up Study of Subcutaneous Secukinumab to Demonstrate Efficacy Assessed by the Psoriasis Area and Severity Index at 16 Weeks of Treatment Compared with Ustekinumab and to Assess Long-term Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy term in patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis”