Head of Plastic Surgery Services at Vithas Xanit International Hospital
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from Cordoba University (1986).
- Doctor of Medicine from Malaga University (1994).
- Consultant in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Regional Malaga Hospital (1988-1992).
Areas of expertise:
- Endoscopy in plastic surgery.
- Facial and corporal rejuvenation.
- Consultant in Plastic Surgery at the Regional Hospital of Malaga (1993-2008).
- Lecturer and tutor for plastic and reconstructive surgery. Carlos Haya Hospital Complex in Málaga (1993-1997).
- Giraldo F, Gaspar D, González C, Bengoechea M, Ferrón M. Treatment of vaginal agenesis with vulvoperineal fasciocutaneous flaps. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1994 Jan;93(1):131-8; discussion 139-40. Cited in PubMed; PMID 8278468.
- Giraldo F. Vulvoperineal Fasciocutaneous Flap for Vaginal Reconstruction. In B. Strauch, L.O. Vasconez, and E.J. Hall-Findlay. 2nd Ed. Grabb´s Encyclopedia of Flaps. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven, 1998; 1461-65.
- Giraldo F, González C, Soriguer F, Ruíz de Adana S, Esteva I, et al. Feminizing genitoplasty of a transsexual man-to-woman and complete neovaginal reconstruction of superficial perineal neurovascular pedicle flaps. Ibero- Latin-American Plastic Surgery. 1998; 24:267-276.
- Giraldo F. Reconstruction upon oncologic surgery of complex and extense midfacial defects with free flaps. Ibero- Latin-American Plastic Surgery 2000; 26: 336 -338.
- Giraldo F, Cagigal L, De Haro F, González C. T Central wedge nymphectomy with a 90-degree Z-plasty for aesthetic reduction of the labia minora (Letter, Reply). Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2005; 115: 2145
- Extended studies scholarship (BAE). File 01/20283. Health Institute Carlos III (2001). Amsterdam Open University Hospital. Surgery for Gender Identity Disorders. Period: 1st May- 15th June, 2002.
- Reviewer of articles for the magazine: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (USA): since August 2000 (Plast Reconstr Surg 2002 January; 109(1):390-392.
- Reviewer of articles for the magazine: IberoLatinoamericana (Hispano-American): since September 2000.
- Main researcher of the project: Recognition of the Research and Technological Development Group. Malaga Group of Vaginoplasties and Perineal Anatomy.1999. Financing entity: Education and Health Department, Junta de Andalucía Regional Government.
- Main researcher of the project: Anatomy study of the masculine perineal region and clinical surgery applications to the design of vaginoplasty techniques for the gender dysphoria syndrome (1998). Financing entity. Ministry of Health and Consumption. Health Research Fund from the Social Security (FIS), at the Carlos III Health Institute.
- First Regional Award for Medical Residents. V Meeting of the Andalusian Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. Cordoba, 29-30 November 1991. Scientific shore conference: “Study of the feet dorsum vascular system in 20 specimens: micro-surgical application in plastic surgery”.
- Member of the Andalusian Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (SECPRE).
- Member of the Spanish Society of Microsurgery (AEM).
- Member of the European Society for Male Genital Surgery (ESMGS). Member of the A.S.P.S. (American Society of Plastic Surgery).
- Founding member and active member of the Gender Identity Disorder Unit (UTIG), as consultant of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.