Expert in interventional cardiology.
Expert in percutaneous intervention in structural heart disease.
Performed over 500 Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) procedures.
Collegiate number: 2422
- Graduate in medicine and surgery (University of Malaga 1977)
- Title of Specialist in Cardiology (University of Malaga 1982)
- Doctor of medicine and surgery (University of Malaga 1996)
- Residence Specialty: Regional Hospital of Malaga 1978-1982
Area of expertise
- Cardiology. Heart Area
- Head of the Hemodynamics Unit of the Virgen de la Victoria University Hospital. Malaga (1996-2006)
- Head of the Hemodynamics Unit at Vithas Xanit Internacional hospital in Benalmádena (Málaga)
Publications, Congresses and Presentations:
- More than 100 publications in impact magazines. Speaker at various national and international congresses.
- Spanish Society of Cardiology. European Society of Cardiology.
- Medtrionic Proctor for Percutaneous Aortic Valve Implantation, by ABBOTT VASCULAR for treatment of percutaneous mitral repair with MITRACLIP and by ST JUDE MEDICAL for treatment of percutaneous closure of the left atrial appendage.
- He has participated in more than 100 clinical trials in the field of Interventional Cardiology, of which more than 10 are currently active.