Head of Urology Services at Vithas Xanit International Hospital
- Bachelor of Medicine from the Navarra University (1996).
- Doctor of Medicine from the Navarra University (2003).
- Clínica Universitaria of Navarra (1997-2002).
Areas of expertise:
- Oncologic surgery (prostate, kidney, bladder, etc.).
- Urinary incontinency.
- Prostatic green laser.
- Associate Doctor at the Donostia Hospital (June 2002).
- Associate Doctor at the Mérida Hospital (2002-2007).
- Associate Doctor for the Urology Services at the Costa del Sol Hospital (since 2007).
- Visiting Doctor at the Jackson Memorial and Cedars Hospital in Miami, Florida (November 2001).
- Arocena J, López-Ferrandis J, Sánchez-Zalabardo D, Regojo-Balboa JM, Fernández-Montero JM, et al. Treatment of Renal Carcinoma. Actas Urol Esp 2002; 26(8): 541 -545
- Lopez-Ferrandis J, Sánchez-Zalabardo D, Rioja-Zuazu J, Arocena J, Regojo-Balboa JM, et al. Urology Service, Clínica Universitaria, Navarra University, Pamplona (Navarra). Incidental Renal Carcinoma. Prognostic factors. Actas Urol Esp. 2004 Sep;28(8):561-6
- Sanz G, Robles JE, Giménez M, Arocena J, Sánchez D, et al. Positron Emission Tomography with 18 Fluorine labelled deoxyglucose: utility in localized and advanced prostate cancer. BJU International 1999; 84: 1028-1031
- Sanchez D, Zudaire JJ, Fernández JM, López J, Arocena J, et al. 18F-fluoro.2. Deoxyglucose positron emission tomography in the evaluation of non seminomatous germ cell tumours at relapse. BJU int 2002:89;921-26.
- Sánchez D, Rosell D, Honorato B, Arocena J, Sanz G. Androgen receptor mutations are associated with Store in localized prostate cancer. BJU int 2006; 98(06):1320-25.
- Assistant lecturer for practical classes in General Surgical Pathology (Urology). Faculty of Medicine at Navarra University. (1997-2002).
- Awarded the Prize “ACTAS UROLOGICAS ESPAÑOLAS” for the best annual publication.
- Analysis by genomic sequencing of the p53 oncogene in vesicle carcinoma. 22(7):552-556, 1998.
- Award for the best doctoral thesis in Uro-Oncology in 2002-2003 awarded by the Uro-Oncology Group of the Spanish Urology Association. Presented at the group meeting in Cordoba 2004.
- Scholarship from the University of Miami for Spanish residents with the best curriculums. Attendance at the University of Miami, Department of Urology November, 2001.