Head of Cardiac Surgery Services at Vithas Xanit International Hospital
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Faculty of Medicine at Malaga University (1990).
- Specialist Degree in Family and Community Medicine obtained from the Virgen de la Victoria University Teaching Hospital (1993).
- Specialist Degree in Cardiology obtained from the Cardiology Unit at the Virgen de la Victoria University Teaching Hospital in Malaga (1997).
Areas of expertise:
- Expert in valvular heart diseases
- Heart failure
- Ischemic heart disease
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Clinical management of Cardiological diseases
- Fellow Research at the Department of Cardiology at the Mount Sinai Medical Centre in Miami Beach, Florida, USA (1997).
- Belongs to the Cardiology Service of the Virgen de la Victoria University Teaching Hospital. Head of Cardiology Unit. Director of the UGC Heart Area at the Virgen de la Victoria University Teaching Hospital (from July 1998 until the present).
- Stockburger M, Gómez-Doblas JJ, Lamas G, Alzueta J, Fernández-Lozano I, Cobo E, et al. Preventing ventricular dysfunction in pacemaker patients without advanced heart failure: results from a multicentre international randomized trial (PREVENT-HF). Eur J Heart Fail. 2011 Jun; 13(6):633-41. doi: 10.1093/eurjhf/hfr041. PubMed PMID: 21613427.
- Arias T, Beaumont J, López B, Zalba G, Beloqui O, Barba J, et al. Association of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor α gene L162V polymorphism with stage C heart failure. J Hypertens. 2011 May;29(5):876-83. doi: 10.1097/HJH.0b013e3283455027. PubMed PMID: 21430558.
- Muñiz J, Gómez-Doblas JJ, Santiago-Pérez MI, Lekuona-Goya I, Murga-Eizagaetxebarría N, de Teresa-Galván SS E, et al. The effect of post-discharge educational intervention on patients in achieving objectives in modifiable risk factors six months after discharge following an episode of acute coronary syndrome, (CAM-2 Project): a randomized controlled trial. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2010 Nov 22; 8:137. doi: 10.1186/1477-7525-8-137. PubMed PMID: 21092191; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3002321.
- Moreno MU, Gallego I, López B, González A, Fortuño A, San José G, et al. Decreased Nox4 levels in the myocardium of patients with aortic valve stenosis. ClinSci (Lond). 2013 Sep 1;125(6):291-300. doi: 10.1042/CS20120612. PubMed PMID: 23550626.
- Gómez-Doblas JJ, Schor J, Vignola P, Weinberg D, Traad E, Carrillo R, et al. Left ventricular geometry and operative mortality in patients undergoing mitral valve replacement. ClinCardiol. 2001 Nov 24 (11) 717-22 PubMed PMID: 11714129.
- Member of the Technical Committee of the Ministry of Health, Social Welfare and Equality for the Monitoring and Evaluation of the Strategy in Ischemic Cardiopathy of the National Health Service.
- President-elect of the Andalusian Society of Cardiology.
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee for the Official College of Physicians for the Province of Malaga
- Member of the Board of Evaluators for the Foundation Progress and Heath for Research Projects for the following years: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- Evaluator of manuscripts for the Spanish Journal of Cardiology and Cardiocore.
- Lecturer at the IAVANTE Foundation.
- Pfizer Prize, sixth edition, for the Innovation and Excellence in Clinical Management for the project “New forms of managing outpatient consultation and diagnostic tests in Cardiology “. Authors: JJ Gómez Doblas, E de Teresa.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Research Agency of the Spanish Society of Cardiology.