Head of General Surgery and Digestive Surgery at Vithas Xanit International Hospital
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from Zaragoza University (1981).
- Doctor in Medicine and Surgery from the Complutense University of Madrid (1999).
- Consultant in General and Digestive System Surgery. 12 de 0ctubre Hospital of Madrid (1986).
Areas of expertise:
- Esophagectomy, gastrectomy, hiatal hernia repair/fundoplication.
- Gastric derivations, cholecystectomy in Mirizzi syndrome, cholecystoduodenal and cholecystocolonic fistulas.
- Choledocholithotomy, choledocoduodenal derivation.
- Distal Pancreatectomy, splenectomy, liver resections in previous segments.
- Right, left, and transverse hemicolectomy.
- Low anterior resection of the rectum.
- Coloanal anastomosis.
- Abdomino-perineal amputation.
- Subtotal colectomy.
- Panproctocolectomy/ ileo-anal pouch.
- Consultant in General Surgery for Health Care needs at the San Pedro de Alcántara Hospital in Cáceres (1987).
- Acting Head Consultant in General Surgery at the San Pedro de Alcántara Hospital in Caceres, by appointment of the Medical Board (1991).
- Associate Doctor of the Costa del Sol Hospital (1993-1996).
- Area Director for Integrated Surgical Management at the Costa del Sol Hospital in Marbella (since 1996).
- Gándara N. Hepatic transplant in receptors of over 60 years. Actualization in Surgery of the digestive tract. Madrid, 1999.
- Gándara N. Current status of liver transplantation in alcoholic cirrhosis. Update on Surgery of the digestive tract Madrid, 1999.
- Gándara N. Primary omental torsion: preoperative diagnosis through abdominal ultrasound”. Rev. ESP. Enferm. Dig. 1998 90 5 373 -379
- Gándara N. choledocholithiasis. Treatment of 103 cases. Andalusian surgery. Vol. III, No. 8. 1992
- Gándara N. The intestinal resections in acute mesenteric ischemia. In: Moreno-González E, ed. Update on Surgery of the digestive tract vol VI. Madrid: Jarpyo: 1990 Oct; 7-14 :
- Prize awarded for the short conference in Coloproctology entitled: “A comparative study of the results obtained in the cancer of the middle third of the rectum with low anterior resection and Abdomino-perineal amputation”. XXX Extraordinary National Meeting of the SEPD (Granada, June 1986).
- Prize for the second best surgical video entitled: “Transhiatal Esophagectomy and immediate gastroplasty in cancer of the middle third of the oesophagus” (SECIR II Congress) Cáceres, October 1990).
- Prize for best film entitled “Treatment of carcinoma of colon splenic through extended resection “. V Meeting of surgery and VII International Seminar of General Surgery. Spanish Association of surgeons. (Elche, Alicante, November 1985).
- Hollister Award for the best short conference in coloproctology entitled “instrumental anastomosis in rectal surgery. Study of 96 patients”. XXX Extraordinary National Meeting of the SEPD (Granada, June 1985).
- Prize awarded by the City of Valencia for the short conference “liver resections. Analysis of our experience in 77 cases”, in the framework of the XII Spanish-French congress on Gastroenterology. (Valencia, November 1983).
- Member of the International College of Surgeons.
- Founding Partner of the Extremadura Surgery Society.
- Full Member of the Extremadura Society for Intensive Care Medicine and Coronary Care Units.
- Member of the Spanish Association of Surgeons, the Andalusian Association of Surgeons, the Spanish Society of digestive pathologies and the Spanish Association for the study of the liver.