Head of Vascular Surgery Services at Vithas Xanit International Hospital
- Master’s Degree in Hospital Management-IPEM at Alcala University (Madrid, 2010).
- Doctor of Medicine (2005). Special Mention in European Doctor.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine in Malaga (1999).
- Medical residency in Cardiovascular Surgery at the Reina Sofia University Hospital in Cordoba (2001—2005).
- Training periods in other centres: Gregorio Marañón University Hospital of Madrid (October and November, 2006).
- Leiden University Medical Centre, in the department of child paediatric cardio surgery under the supervision of professor Mark G Hazakamp (October de 2006)
- Stanford University Hospital and Clinics (Stanford, California). Falk Cardiovascular Centre (from September to October, under the supervision of Dr. Craig Miller.
- Hammersmith Hospital of London (from July to August 2004).
- Deutches Hertzzentrum Berlin (from July to August 2003).
- Cardiac surgery services at the Santiago de Compostela University Hospital (1996).
- Vascular surgery service of the Kliniken der Stadt zu Köln. (Colonia, Germany, summer of 1996).
Areas of expertise:
- Cardiac surgery for adults.
- Open surgery and endovascular of the aorta.
- Bypasses and defibrillators.
- Surgery of supra aortic trunks.
- Peripheral arterial revascularization surgery.
- Consultant in the Cardiovascular Surgery Services at the Carlos Haya Hospital of Málaga (since 2005)
- Member of the Cardiovascular Surgery Services at the Xanit International Hospital (since 2005).
- Director of the Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Program at the Xanit International Hospital (since 2006).
- Honorary lecturer at the Faculty of Medicine, Malaga University (since 2006).
- Coordinator of the Regenerative Medicine Centre-Xanit (CMR-X) 2013
- Aranda PJ, Castillo R et al. Endovascular surgery for chronic aortic dissection: is it safe and Effective? Journal of Cardiac Surgery.
- Concha M, Pradas G, Juffé A, Caffarena JM, Montero A, et al. Comprehensive Experience with the Ross operation in Spain. European Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery 2003; 24:521-6.
- Aranda PJ. New technology in thoracic endografting. 2007 Pamplona. Journal of Cardiac Surgery.
- Manuel Concha MD, Pedro J. Aranda MD, Jaime Casares MD, Carlos Merino MD, Ignacio Muñoz MD, et al. Mitral Homograft in tricuspid position, aortic homograft and mitral plasty in a drug addict with multiple valve endocarditis. The Journal of Heart Valve Disease. 2003; 12:659-663.
- Aranda P, Sarria E, Castillo R, Rubio L. Pearls and pitfalls of stent grafting of the thoracic aorta. Interactive Journal of Cardiovascular surgery.
- Member of the European Society for Cardiovascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- Member of the American Society of Phlebology.
- Organizer of the Marbella Aortic Symposium (Marbella, March, 2011).
- Organizer of the XV Meeting of Cardiovascular Surgery for Resident Doctors held in Torremolinos, in June 2009.
- Springer Award for the 10 electronic books most downloaded by “Surgical English”.
- Member of the working groups for Aortic Surgery at the Spanish CCV Society, and the Working Group for Ventricular Assistance.