Discover the latest treatments with Intense Light to eliminate them.
Light systems are medical devices that have changed the way we treat skin problems. Among the treatments for stains, we highlight the IPL, Intense Pulsed Light. This treatment is a fast procedure without surgery and does not require anesthesia. Usually, it takes 3 or 4 sessions to obtain results, although it depends on the type of stain.
IPL treatments can be performed if:
- Has pigmented spots on the face.
- Has pigmented spots after the summer.
- You have age spots wherever you want to remove them, for example, on the face, hands, arms, neckline.
What is the IPL?
Today the best technique to eliminate them is the IPL (pulsed light) because it is designed to treat pigmented lesions, as an added effect, performs a stimulation of collagen at the level of the dermis.
The technique that is applied with the IPL is an effective and safe treatment, and the results are observed from the first session. It can be done at any age, as long as the patient has no contraindications to the treatment.
How much do IPL stain removal treatments cost?
The cost varies according to the size of the area to be treated and the number of spots.
Recommendations after treatment
Some instructions that your doctor will give you after your treatment are:
* Avoid all saunas, hot tubs and hot water in the days following the treatment.
* Avoid intense exercise for 72 hours.
* Above all, avoid direct sunlight for at least 4 weeks after treatment and use high sun protection.
Possible side effects may be: mild edema, erythema and appearance of scabs on spots that fall in a week or 10 days. This technique should always be done with the control of an aesthetic doctor or dermatologist.