Recently, at Vithas Xanit Internacional we have reorganized our general surgery and digestive system service into five new units led by specialized professionals, all with the aim of offering the best possible quality of service, further improving the already excellent clinical results and patient experience, especially with regard to oncological pathologies.
The 5 new units in which the service has been reconfigured, which are directed by a group of specialists with extensive and proven experience, are the following:
- Breast unit, led by Dr. Fran Fernández, who is also the head of the general surgery service.
- Coloproctology unit, headed by Dr. Lobato Bancalero.
- Hepatobiliopancreatic and gastroesophageal unit, in charge of Dr. Roldán de la Rúa.
- Endocrine and metabolic surgery unit, where doctors Fernández García and Gándara direct the endocrinology and obesity surgery units respectively.
- Outpatient major surgery unit, which is assumed by all members of the surgery service, with a total of 10 doctors.
As Dr. Fran Fernández explains, “it is a multidisciplinary service. All the professionals who work in these five units form a team and have a commitment to our patients, participating in multidisciplinary committees, implementing the correct action based on current clinical guidelines and giving a rapid response in both diagnosis and treatment”.
Dr. Fran Fernández also highlights the commitment of this service to cancer patients, intervening in these pathologies in less than 15 days from their surgical indication.
Diagnoses and surgical treatments at Vithas Xanit Internacional
If you are looking for the best medical care, either for the diagnosis of a problem, or for the treatment of a pathology already diagnosed, at Vithas Xanit Internacional we put at your disposal the best specialists, who through the use of the most recent techniques and the latest technology, allow us to offer the best care to our patients, the most accurate diagnoses and the best possible results in our treatments and surgeries. Contact us for more information or make an appointment.