With the aim of continuing to offer an excellent health care of reference with accredited quality, the Vithas Xanit International Hospital in Benalmádena is going to be expanded.
This expansion project, which will begin shortly and is scheduled to end in December 2020, will add to the current Hospital a new building with four floors and 11,500m2, parallel to the current one and that once completed it will be fully integrated with it, forming a single building. In addition, about 1,100m2 of the current building will also be renovated.
Through this expansion the following improvements will be achieved, among others:
- The surgical area will be increased: in the first phase 2 operating rooms will be added, and later another 4, so that once the project is finished the hospital will have a total of 10 operating rooms, adding these 6 new ones to the existing 4. All surgical specialties will benefit, although especially those that have more activity, such as traumatology, urology or general surgery, among others.
- The area of external consultations will be increased: the new area dedicated to external consultations will host all the specialties, with 14 additional consultations that will allow better attention to the expected increase in patients in the coming years.
- A new hospitalization unit: to the 106 current rooms, 36 new rooms will be added in a first phase, and later another 36 more, making once the project is completed a total of 178 rooms, 72 more than at present.
- A new ICU.
- A new PACU (Post-Anesthesia Care Unit).
- A new sterilization service.
- A technical basement, with new parking and a logistics area.
The new expansion is designed to be a reference in healthy spaces, with maximum natural light and maximum comfort in the rooms and passageways, thus improving the health and comfort of all users of the Hospital.
For this, the new design made by PMMT Arquitectura is based on the Friendly Materials© methodologies, thus using the most appropriate construction materials to improve the health of the interior spaces; and the Clear Code Architecture® methodology, guaranteeing universal accessibility for anyone.
In this way, this expansion will allow us to continue offering our patients the best health care with even more efficiency, in a more comfortable and pleasant environment at the forefront in healthy spaces and accessibility.